BrainSTEM learning® wants your kids to have fun and enjoy learning with Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Our Little Brains workshop programs, tailored for 4-6 year-olds, are geared towards developing your child’s interest and ability.
They are 1 hour weekly sessions, run over six weeks.
1 session/Drop-in: $25 +GST
6 sessions (6 weeks): $135+ GST
- The aerospace industry is one of the most fascinating things for children, since we were kids we figured out a way to reach the sky, designing wings, machines, devices that help us do this.
- Aerospace engineering involves the design and construction of planes and space shuttles. Aeronautical engineering covers craft that stay inside the Earth’s atmosphere (such as commercial planes) while astronautical engineering covers craft that leave the Earth’s atmosphere (such as space shuttles).
- In this program the little brains will learn about the fundamentals of aerospace engineering discovering about aerodynamics, gravity, velocity, forces to lift, drag and thrust objects, aerospace principles like Bernoulli principle and more, using his creativity and curiosity to design and build their own flying machines at the time they have fun.
- Chemical engineering uses science to process raw materials and chemicals into useful forms. They can lead to the discovery of important new materials and processes. These discoveries may be useful for other engineering disciplines or just to make our live easier.
The little brains will learn about solutions, chemical reaction, mixtures, solids, liquids, absorption, and more concepts while using his or her creativity and curiosity the STEM methodology.
- Civil Engineering: They will find a way to put all his or her creativity into building skyscrapers, castles, shelters, bridges, and roads. During this process, they find answers to some questions about: how to resist movement before falling, how big may I build it, and how much weight it resists. The little brains will learn about forces, materials, structural design, foundations and more. At the same time, they will learn concepts of designing, building, and testing his or her castles, bridges, houses, and roads. All the while using his or her creativity, curiosity and STEM methodology.
- Many kids in the future could work in the industry, so in this lesson they will have the opportunity to know how the industry works, manufacturing is an important way for a society to create wealth and for the kids to use their creativity to discover it.
- The industrial engineer organizes people, places, equipment, and information, ensuring that work areas operate safely and efficiently, the assembly line runs smoothly looking for continuous improvement to make our lives easier, by example seeing that your favourite food is always in stock.
- The little brains will understand how they can use the STEM model to improve what is done in the industry, how they can develop new industries in a safe and productive way, they will design, build products and production lines to fill the needs of the customers in a fun and interactive way.
- In mechanical engineering there is always a new way to perform a task, to improve a process or simplify our lives designing and using machines, tools, or devices using physical concepts and principles.
- A mechanical engineer designs mechanical systems, machines and tools to improve our lives using a number of important physics concepts and principles like energy, fluid mechanics, forces, characteristics of materials, etc. as well is responsible for maintenance of those machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment.
- The little brains will learn about simple machines, mechanical design, kinetic energy, mechanical energy, pneumatic and more, working in teams discovering and having fun while they use STEM for their learning.
Robotics Lv. 1 & 2 Engineering *Updated*
- Robotics is the science or study of the technology associated with the design, fabrication, programming and application of robots, the robots is something exciting for the little kids, they always have the curiosity to know how it works and find a lot of designs for a robot not to mention applications.
- A robotics engineer is responsible for design, creating and programming robots and robotic systems that are able to perform duties that humans are either unable or prefer not to complete. He helps to make jobs safer, easier, and more efficient, particularly in the manufacturing industry.
- The little brains will discover what is behind a robot, the design possibilities, the materials, mechanical simple machines used to build, what software is, and the programming languages used to create the robot instructions. Under the STEM Education programs, the leadership of our instructors and assistants, students use the LEGO® WeDo 1.0 or 2.0 hardware and GUI programming languages on computers to build their robotic animals, machines, and toys. They will code the algorithms to make their robots function and innovate by improving their programs or physical robot design.
STEM 360• Engineering
- STEM 360• is a course series that combines 6 different types of Engineering into this one series. Students will use all his or her creativity to design, develop, build devices and systems, getting an overview of multiple engineering disciplines. Combining other branches of the engineering, they will face the challenge from Aerospace, Robotics, Civil, Mechanical, and Manufacturing Engineering. All Engineers use science, technology, and engineering principles to solve problems. This STEM 360• program will allow your budding engineering to face challenges from different types of Engineering and discover which one they like the best. Engineering in the future will also be the combined effort of many different types of Engineers working together to solve problems. The little brains will face different challenges designing, building, testing and improving their experiment. Therefore, this is an excellent way to discover different types of Engineering while having fun using STEM Learning.
- Software Engineering: Software engineering uses science, technology and Math to process raw information and commands into a language that computer and machines use to perform tasks that we want. Software Engineering can lead to the discovery of important new ways to assist humans and processes useful for other engineering disciplines or just to make our lives easier. Students will learn about algorithms, sequencing, looping, switches and program logic while having fun.