Log in to your account at www.brainstemlearningcanada.perfectmind.com and click on Products tab to see the full list of products to purchase. Robots Kits, Gift Cards, T-shirts, Fuel Cell Science kits, Environmental Fischer Technik kits, Hydrogen Fuel Cell Fischer Technik Power Kits, Pneumatic Fischer Technik kits, Memberships and Punch cards.
LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set
- Sturdy Storage Box with Sorting Trays
- Programmable Hub
- Distance Sensor
- Force Sensor
- Colour Sensor
- Large Motor
- 2 Medium Motors
- Over 500 Appealing LEGO® Technic™ Elements in a Fresh Colour Palette
Lego Education Spike Prime Expansion Kit
Enter the exciting world of robotics competitions with the LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Expansion Set. With 603 elements, including large wheels, banana gears, a colour sensor and a large motor, this add-on to the SPIKE™ Prime Set (735047), features over 10 hours of targeted STEAM learning that will inspire 6th to 8th grade students and teachers to build more advanced models and prepare them for the fun and challenging world of robotics competitions.
LEGO® Technic™ and System elements in a fresh colour palette, including 2 large wheels, banana gears, large motor, and a colour sensor.
- Competition Ready unit plan with over 10 hours of STEAM learning linked to curriculum standards. Includes comprehensive online lesson plans and teacher support.
- This set requires SPIKE™ Prime Set (735047)
- Learn the basics of creating and programming autonomous robots using sensors.
- Develop collaboration and team-working skills to build a competition robot.
- Systematically test and refine programs.
- Use problem-solving skills and complete competition missions.
- Apply critical thinking and develop life skills for the careers of tomorrow.
LEGO Education Spike Essential Set
LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Essential gets primary school students excited about hands-on STEAM learning. This playful, narrative-based learning experience is part of the LEGO Learning System and encourages students to investigate STEAM concepts while contributing to literacy, math, and social-emotional development.This 449-piece set comes with 4 minifigures with their own personalities, who act as storytellers to make problem-solving relatable to all students. Icon- and word-based block coding withsimple hardware – including an intelligent 2-port Hub, 2 Small Motors, a Light Matrix, and a Color Sensor – also bring students’ creations to life. The set also includes a colorful selection of familiar and age-appropriate LEGO bricks, replacement elements, and a durable storage box with color-coded sorting trays to ease the building process and classroom management.Part of the LEGO Learning System, SPIKE Essential offers 5 units of 8 x 45-minute, standards-aligned STEAM lessons. Each lesson includes comprehensive online lesson plans with math and language arts extensions. We also provide assessment rubrics and videos to support teachers. To further build teachers’ confidence and prepare them for successful STEAM teaching using the LEGO Learning System, SPIKE Essential is supported by a comprehensive professional development program.
- 4 relatable minifigures with diverse identities and characteristics foster problem-solving and social-emotional learning.
- Includes 2 Small Motors, a Color Sensor, 3×3 Color Light Matrix, and an intelligent Small Hub with 2 I/O ports, Bluetooth connectivity, 6-axis gyro and a rechargeable Li-ion battery with micro USB charging and connection port.
- 449-piece set also includes a selection of familiar LEGO® bricks and replacement elements for intuitive and easy construction.
- Sturdy storage box with color-coded sorting trays for easy classroom management.
- The SPIKE™ App, featuring age-appropriate icon- and word-based coding based on Scratch, helps develop student coding skills.
- 5 units of 8 x 45-minute, standards-aligned lessons encourage independent STEAM thinking through playful, narrative-based problem-solving.
- Comprehensive teaching resources for each lesson give every teacher confidence to deliver engaging lessons.Key learning values
- Develop computational thinking skills, including creating and modifying sequences, testing, debugging, and using loops.
- Explore the engineering design process, including defining a problem, brainstorming solutions, and testing and refining prototypes.
- Investigate the scientific concepts of energy, energy transfer, and collision.
- Strengthen oral communication skills as students discuss their experiences collaboratively.
- Engage in narrative-based problem-solving.
- Develop social-emotional language by helping a main story character solve a problem.