BrainSTEM Learning® wants your kids to have fun and enjoy learning like never before.
Our Little Brains 6 week workshop programs, aimed at 4-6 year-olds, will introduce children to science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) in a creative and fun way.
They are 1 hour weekly sessions, run over a six week period.
1 session/Drop-in: $25.00
6 sessions (6 weeks): $135.00
- Aerospace engineering involves the design and construction of planes and space shuttles. Aeronautical engineering covers craft that stay inside the Earth’s atmosphere (such as commercial planes) while astronautical engineering covers craft that leave the Earth’s atmosphere (such as space shuttles or rocket ships).
- In this program, the little brains will learn about the fundamentals of aerospace engineering discovering about: aerodynamics; gravity; velocity; forces to lift; drag and thrust on objects; and the Bernoulli principle. The kids will use their creativity and curiosity to design and build their own flying machines while having fun.
- Civil engineering includes the design and construction of buildings, roads, bridges, and dams. It is one of the oldest forms of engineering. Knowledge about materials, designs, and construction process allows us to explain the construction of such world wonders as the pyramids of Egypt.
- They will find a way to put all his or her creativity into building skyscrapers, castles, shelters, bridges, and roads. During this process, they find answers to some questions about: how to resist movement before falling, how big may I build it, and how much weight it resists. The little brains will learn about forces, materials, structural design, foundations and more. At the same time, they will learn concepts of designing, building, and testing his or her castles, bridges, houses, and roads. All the while using his or her creativity, curiosity and STEM methodology.
- Chemical engineering uses science to process raw materials and chemicals into useful forms. They can lead to the discovery of important new materials and processes. These discoveries may be useful for other engineering disciplines or just to make our live easier.
- The little brains will learn about solutions, chemical reaction, mixtures, solids, liquids, absorption, and more concepts while using his or her creativity and curiosity the STEM methodology.
- The industrial engineer organizes people, places, equipment, and information, ensuring that work areas operate safely and efficiently, assembly line runs smoothly looking for continues improvement to make our lives easier. An example of this is seeing that your favorite food is always in stock at the grocery store.
- The little brains will discover how they can use the STEM model to improve what is done in the industry. They will learn how they can develop new industries in a safe and productive way. They will design, build products, and produce lines to fill the needs of the customers in a fun and interactive way.
- A mechanical engineer designs mechanical systems, machines and tools to improve our lives using several important physics concepts and principles like energy, fluid mechanics, forces, and characteristics of materials. As well, mechanical engineers are responsible for maintenance of those machines and other mechanically functioning equipment.
- The little brains will learn about simple machines, mechanical design, kinetic energy, mechanical energy, and pneumatics while working in teams discovering and having fun using STEM principles.
Introduction to Robotics 1 & 2
- A robotics engineer is responsible for design, creating, and programming robots. Robotic systems that can perform duties that humans are either unable or prefer not to complete. Robots help to make jobs safer, easier, and more efficient, particularly in the manufacturing industry.
- The little brains will discover what is behind a robot, several possible designs, the materials used, what software is, and the programming using the LEGO® WeDo materials. Computers will also be used to build their robotic animals and toys. This will be under the guidance of our leaders and assistants under the STEM education programs.
- Software Engineering relates to our daily activities. As well, as word processing, data collection, and accounting, computers have many functions. Computers need someone to tell them what and how to do things that make our lives better. One may program and control ones’ robot to do many tasks that would be dangerous for humans to preform because the environment is unsafe, (space, underwater under extreme pressures, high in the atmosphere). Planes are often controlled by autopilots, which control the trajectory and speed of transportation Airliners.
- Software engineering uses science, technology and Math to process raw information and commands into a language that computer and machines use to perform tasks that we want. Software Engineering can lead to the discovery of important new ways to assist humans and processes useful for other engineering disciplines or just to make our lives easier.
- The Little Brains will learn about coding programs: beginners’ readers, internet safety, sequences, loops, and problem solving concepts using his or her creativity and curiosity under the STEM methodology.
STEM 360• Engineering
- STEM 360• is a course series that combines 6 different types of Engineering into this one series. Students will use all his or her creativity to design, develop, build devices and systems, getting an overview of multiple engineering disciplines. Combining other branches of the engineering, they will face the challenge from Aerospace, Robotics, Civil, Mechanical, and Manufacturing Engineering.
- All Engineers use science, technology, and engineering principles to solve problems. This STEM 360• program will allow your budding engineering to face challenges from different types of Engineering and discover which one they like the best. Engineering in the future will also be the combined effort of many different types of Engineers working together to solve problems.
- The little brains will face different challenges designing, building, testing and improving their experiment. Therefore, this is an excellent way to discover different types of Engineering while having fun using STEM Learning.